Monday 14 May 2007

Norway, May 2007 Part 3

Saturday


The big day has come, a lot of our evangelism has been working towards inviting people to the 'Grill Fest' at the church. In the morning we went to the local shopping centre and gave out free waffles or should I say 'Grattis Waffler'. We gave out loads of invites. It was a good time people were really open and want free waffles. I was able to speak to some people and pray with people. I had been praying for this time that I would have at least one conversation with someone and get to pray for them. The Lord is good!


We then came back to the church and got ready for the BBQ. The norwegians know how to do hospitality, it looked amazing, they put loads of flowers out and tents up. They really put of effort into it. Loads of people came to the BBQ, a lot of young people came as well. We then did the ribbon sketch and 6 people responded to the Gospel message. It was really lovely to see the Lord work in peoples lives.


My evening was then spent with my hosts, watching the Eurovision song contest. I felt very embarrassed to be english. Our entry, although in true tacky eurovision style, was a little too tacky. But my hosts did comfort me by letting me know that Norway didn't even make it into the contest!


Sunday


Today was a little like being on mission in Africa in that we had three meetings to go to. They were all really good. The first one was Popcorn Church, it was so great. It is a service just for children. They also bring their parents. They don't have crafts or games. They have a sermon and songs and a competition. There was also a puppet show. OUr team taught them an english song and we played the water gargling competition, Jyothi also gave her testimony. It was really good to see how they do it. The kids really benefit from it.

After an amazing lunch of the most beautiful salmon ever, we went to a service at Espaland. It was a really lovely service, there were not many people there, but they are really wanting to see the church grow. Phil talked about faith and then we all prayed for each other. We then had more food!

After tea it was back to Arna for the evening service, once again there wasn't many people there, but it was such a great service. We were able to pray for people and encourage them and the worship was really good.

Monday


DAY OFF! Very exciting! Today I managed to achieve one of my ambitions, which was to visit the Bergen fish market. Its a famous fish market, full of fish that I have never seen before! They also sold seal skins, reindeer skins and wolf skins (They make a nice rug, so I am told!) I bought some prawns, which tasted so fresh and so much better than they do in England. We found a nice cafe and enjoyed a milkshake and then went shopping. Although I didn't buy anything (everything is very expensive) I am now having a very nice relaxing evening, listening to a bit of Godfrey Birtell and Chris and Jennie Orange.

Here ends part 3, part four will follow soon!

No comments: